It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Welcome
Welcome to alpinek9

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Cordon An-Sat bloodline: Ori. Fey. Tom
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:28 pm 

deleted

Last edited by Alex4582 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Cordon An-Sat bloodline: Ori. Fey. Tom
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:34 am 

I think Cordon is and will be one of the immortals of the breed. He is start of some good lines in the breed, especially when mixed with certain female lines.....I think his lines will make further inroads with clicking with certain West lines.

Report this post

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:01 am 

deleted

Report this post

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:20 pm 

The stronger West dogs with good prey but not over the top.....dogs that go back on Grief, Lewis Maletesta, Leiperheimer Moor, Javir Marda Talka, Vox vd Kine, and some others.

Report this post

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:21 am 

deleted

Report this post

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:50 am 

The breed is made up of a wide spectrum of sizes, colors, and temperaments, hence the legacy and reputation of being the supreme utility dog :D . You should get consistency in nerve and working ability, that's really the important things for me. Some a little more prey, some a little more suspicion, some a little better grips, some a little more fight drive, but the consistency is the ability to work in one of the venues the breed is known for.

Report this post

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:29 am 

That's what I was alluding to. In Australia, that consistency in regards to nerve and working ability just isn't there. That being said the dogs that are imported to the country are of notoriously low quality, not all but most. Can you post some pedigrees of some of your favorites? I would be interested in reading them.

Report this post

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:50 am 

My favorite dog, for which videos are available is Lord v.Gleisdreieck. I have heard of mythical czech dogs, but not seen any videos. Its a pity, these should be catalogued for posterity.

Very hard to separate marketing from reality..in the absence of videos as supporting evidence.

Report this post

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:06 am 

deleted

Last edited by Alex4582 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:30 am 

Alex - A breeder in New Zealand has recently imported a very very nice female that is linebred on Tom, Cordon, Axa and a few other czech dogs to be used for breeding. Being that you are close I would certainly look over there. I know the breeder of the female and they produce strong dogs.

I have heard about the struggles out there in Oz and I hope it turns around. My girlfriend has convinced me to look into moving out there in the next 5 years if we can swing it. Damn it's expensive...lol

Report this post