It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:33 pm

Welcome
Welcome to alpinek9

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: New to forum
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:15 pm 

My name is Cliff Anderson, and I've owned GS since 1971. Trained in military from 73 to 77.
I like all the lines, but favor Czech, West working, DDR lines. I work with the police in NJ, and I am a member of USPCA Region 15. I am also cofounder of South Jersey Working Dog Club, which is a SDA club. Enjoy learning about bloodlines, especially European lines.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: New to forum
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:06 pm 

Welcome Cliff. It will be great to hear your input and perspective. What department are you with (if you don't mind me asking)? If you would rather not post it, no problem (I won't post my (federal LEA) affiliation if anyone asks!!) Welcome again -- you will quickly find out that this is a really nice group of folks. Cheers, Shannon

Report this post

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:57 am 

Welcome Clifton, so glad you joined! Of course I already have a question... Is there a book I can read that specifically addresses the use of gangster dogs, or maybe even a website? I'm not a breeder, the subject is just so interesting to me. Again, welcome!

Report this post

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:28 am 

Hi everyone, Thanks for the welcome. I work with NJ K9 police to include, local, Sheriff's and State. I procure doings and do consulting.
As for books on gangster dogs, I don't know of any, most of my knowledge of these type dogs come from sport or police work over many years.

Report this post

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:55 am 

Well Cliff, if you ever felt the desire to post about gangster dogs, I will certainly enjoy reading it. I'm sure with your back ground and experience, you will have a lot of great information to share on a variety of topics.

Report this post

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:11 am 

Welcome to the forum Cliff. Always good to hear different perspectives on these dogs.
Hank

Report this post

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 am 
Site Admin

Hi Cliff,
thank you for joining our forum.
Prager Hans
http://www.AlpineK9.com

"All knowledge, the totality of all questions and all answers is contained in the dog." - Franz Kafka

Report this post

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:34 am 

Cliff,

Good to see you and look forward to your posts.

Report this post

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:17 pm 

Thanks for the hospitality folks, frankly in terms of Czech dogs I am here to learn, as there are folks here that can really enlighten me on many of these dogs and history....and I believe the closer the knowledge you acquire, is to the truth, the better informed you are.

Report this post